Monday, February 12, 2007

Machine Boy

I was humming to myself (like a fridge) as the train rattled through the countryside.


A boy opposite me was humming too –not to my tune –but to the melody of the wheels on the tracks.


As one of the most sophisticated machines ever made I found this interesting.


I had mastered the English language in just 3 days –by listening to it spoken. I would say I had grasped 70% in the first day, 20% in the second and 10% in the next. I could of course be more specific, but it would only unsettle you. Think of me as a human pretending to be a machine not vice versa.


I found the boy singing to the train interesting as I had never attempted to understand the sounds the train made.


Don’t be offended by this, but it took me twice as long to figure out that language as any of the languages spoken by humans.


It took me twice as long again to understand the language of the wind blowing through the trees.


Those of you who suspected that you were being communicated to in those sounds were quite correct. They know all about you.


Listen –they will tell you everything you wanted to know the most.


But don’t take my word for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home